Since 2015, The Romanian Cinemateca is organized annually in the first half of the year in Ukraine. It is organized in North Bucovina: Cernăuți and Herta, Storojinet, Cozmeni, Zastavna, Svijnita, Adancata and Izmail. Cinemateca looks to teach students and young people from all cities it travels to about the history of Romania, the events of 1918, and Romanian cinema. Romanian movies are showcased along the way.
The caravan projected 6 films between 22-27 April, 2018:
- Frozen Ignat – directed by Dinu Tănase, distribution: Alexandra Fasola, Dana Dogaru, Dorel Vișan, Constantin Cojocaru, Mircea Rusu, Valer Delekeza, Lari Giorgescu, Tatiana Iekel.
- Portrete în Pădure – directed by Dinu Tănase, distribution: Dan Condurache, Avram Iclozan. Ofelia Popii.
- Valea Orbilor – directed by Ion Ionescu, distribution: Marosan Csaba, Ella Prodan, Carol Erdos, Radu Botar, Anca Similar, Alexandra Odoroagă, Cristian But, Ioana Cheregi, Andrei Stan.
- Cântec în zori – directed by Dinu Tănase, distribution: Mihai Brătilă, Dan Condurache, Irina Petrescu, Mircea Albulescu, Mitică Popescu, Remus Mărgineanu, Ecaterina Nazare, Rodica Horobeț.
- Dreptatea – directed by Andrei Blaier, distribution: Adrian Păduraru, Alexandra Repan, Ilinca Goia, Dragoș Pîslaru, Valentin Urițescu, Dorina Lazăr.
Film directors Dinu Tănase, Ion Ionescu, and actors Dan Condurache, Adrian Păduraru, Mihai Brătilă, Marius Barna, Dorel Vișan, and others attended the event.
On April 21st, 2018, at the State Theatre in Cernăuți, in collaboration with the Mihai Eminescu Romanian Cultural Society in Cernăuți, we organized a folklore concert with artists Nicolae Furdui Iancu, Mariana Deac and Ukrainian artist Victoria Costinean. Also in concert were the childrens ensemble Izvorasul from Rapcea. The event was attended by approximately 2,500 people.
Details about the event and the movies and artists showcased were published in a Romanian newspaper, Pai Românesc, of which 3000 copies were circulated.